FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
- Is there a time limit for this race? We do not have a set time limit for the race and usually find that most of our participants can complete the course within 4 – 4 1/2 hours. We leave the finish line open until all have completed the course.
- Is there any parking closer to the event? Our designated parking area for this event is the Gunning-Bedford Middle School, with shuttle buses to transport participants and spectators to and from the parking area to the race site. The buses run continuously starting at 6 am through 1 pm. Only those in possession of a valid handicapped placard will be allowed to park at the trailhead.
- Is the medal included? Yes, all finishers will receive a medal upon completion of the race. We offer the option to purchase an additional finisher’s medal for those who are running on behalf of someone else. This ensures we have adequate supplies for all.
- Are there restrooms along the course? There are permanent bathrooms at the Biddle Point Trailhead. We also supply portable restrooms at the trailhead. There are portable restrooms close to the turnaround point, in the Summit Point Marina.
- Where are the waterstops? In 2017, we had water at the Start/Finish area, at approximately the 2 mile mark, at approximately the 5 mile mark, and close to the turnaround (at the Grain H20 Restaurant). These same water stations are available on the return route. A nutrition item was also available at the 5-mile waterstop. There are no plans at this time to change the location of the waterstops.